Shrink Sleeve TechnologyWorkshop
SATURDAY 12 MAY 2018
PRICE: $250 (INCLUDING VAT)
Learn about shrink sleeve technology, markets and applications from the experts. Gain a clear understanding of the design and origination requirements; find out about suitable shrinkable films; review the different printing processes and how to select them; gain an appreciation of the latest converting technologies and specialized applications; find out about sleeve performance and quality, including troubleshooting and fault finding.
This 3.5-hour workshop will be presented by Andy Thomas-Emans, along with other leading experts from the field of shrink sleeve materials and technology. It is in association with the Label Academy, the global training program for the label and package printing industry.
The price includes the workshop as well as a copy of the text book ($125 if bought separately).
For everyone's benefit, seating is strictly limited. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
SAT 12 MAY
09:00Introduction to the Label Academy and shrink sleeve technology
- Standardizing global training: aims and objectives
- What is sleeving and why is it used?
- Key market sectors, market size and trends
09:25Design and origination for sleeve labels
- Container and design considerations
- Creating die-lines and supplying artwork
- Positioning of barcodes, proofing and plates
10:00Substrates and their usage
- Exploring shrinkable film types and their characteristics
- Understanding usage considerations
- Performance requirements and special feature films
10:45Printing ink technologies for sleeves
- Considering the different printing processes: UV and WB flexo, gravure and digital
- Process selection for proper inks
- Special feature ink options
11:20Converting and application technology
- Slitting, seaming, inspection, application and shrink steps
- Understanding the process and getting it right
- Implementing tamper evident, security and brand protection features
11:55Ensuring the best results
- Performance and quality considerations
- Fault finding and trouble-shooting
- Successful case studies