DIGITAL LABEL AND PACKAGE PRINTING WORKSHOP
Discover digital printing technology and the enhancements it can bring to your product offering.
This 3.5-hour workshop will be presented by Tarsus strategic director Andy Thomas-Emans, along with leading experts from the fields of digital printing, pre-press, materials and workflow. Delegates will leave with a full understanding of the different digital printing technologies, their specific materials requirements, short run digital finishing and embellishment solutions and workflow automation from color management to job scheduling and invoicing.
The workshop is organized by the Label Academy, the global training program for the label and package printing industry.
For everyone’s benefit, seating is strictly limited. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
Price: $250 USD
THU 07 MAY
09:00 - 09:10Welcome to the Label Academy and Digital Label and Package Printing
09:10 - 10:10Technologies and Processes Compared
- Liquid toner
- Dry Toner
10:10 - 10:45Hybrid Label Printing
- Technology and market overview
- Integrating flexo and digital printing units
- Hybrid workflow consideration
11:00 - 11:15Pre-Press Systems and Strategies
- Color managerment is critical
- Increasing the importance of pre-press and elimination of bottlenecks
- Digital proofing considerations
11:15 - 11:35The importance of pre-press and workflow automation
- The nature and importance of workflow automation
- The role of MIS automation tools in digital printing
- Integration with quality and inspection
11:35 - 12:10Substrate selection and print quality
- Matching process to substrate
- Ink transfer, adhesion, print quality and color
- Surface treatments and coatings
12:10 - 12:45Digital print finishing
- In-line or off-line
- Finishing options and systems
- Laser die-cutting