SELF-ADHESIVE LABEL MATERIALS WORKSHOP
Understand the nature and construction of self-adhesive laminates, how they are made, the importance of materials and the need for different adhesives. Explore why different laminate constructions are needed, their usage and how to identify them, including requirements and use of different self-adhesive test methods and procedures. Learn how PS labels fit into the circular economy, and the correct methods for handling and storage of unprinted and printed laminates.
This 3.5-hour workshop will be presented by Andy Thomas-Emans, along with other leading experts from the field of self-adhesive label substrates. It is organized by the Label Academy, the global training program for the label and package printing industry.
For everyone’s benefit, seating is strictly limited. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
SAT 11 FEBRUARY
09:00 - 09:10 WELCOME TO THE LABEL ACADEMY AND SELF-ADHESIVE LABEL MATERIALS
09:10 - 09:40 PS labels and the circular economy
- Washable adhesives: technology and benefits
- Compostible, biodegradable or recyclable?
- Linerless labels
09:40 - 10:10 Paper and Synthetic Paper Face materials
- Kraft, coated and non-paper
- Converter and end-user performance requirements
- Are they recycled/can they be recycled?
10:10 - 10:40 Release Liner Substrates (Paper and Film)
- Silicone coatings
- Coating technology
- Release liner properties
10:40 - 11:00 Coffee and tea break
11:00 - 11:30 Exploring different adhesive types
- Water, solvent, rubber and UV adhesives and adhesive coating
- Applications and end-use requirements
- Adhesive performance measuring
11:30 - 12:00 Filmic face materials
- Filmic types and properties
- Metallic and metalized
- Bioplastic and cellulose
12:00 - 12:30 Testing Methods and Procedures
- Quality control
- Printability testing
- FINAT test methods and procedures
12:30 End of workshop